Are you creative?
Feel like doing something fun with your family?
Would your business like more exposure?
WELCOME TO GLENDALE presents the Paint the City Pretty-Rain Barrel Contest for Glendale Residents and Businesses. Enter soon! Only twenty (20) sanded/primed FREE rain barrels are available for the contest. One Glendale business and one Glendale resident will win a Barrel of Goodies full of community prizes…worth hundreds of dollars! The These FREE rain barrels are already primed and will be delivered to your home. Installation instructions are equipment are provided. All painted/completed entries are due by July 31st, 2020, by 11:59pm.
How do rain barrels help the environment?
Using a rain barrel is a great way to help manage water where it falls. Rain barrels provide FREE water for your gardens. Rain barrels can capture 50 gallons of rainwater each time it rains. They are easy to install and maintain.
Visit Fresh Coast Guardians to learn more about rain barrels and other green infrastructure.
Just want a FREE non-painted rain barrel that’s not primed or prefer to prime-your-own rain barrel? (Supplies are limited.) Visit tinyurl.com/GlendaleGreenSummer
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter the contest (and get your FREE rain barrel) fill-out the contest order form here.
The barrel will be delivered around late-June. (It will be sanded and primed already!) Each contestant should decorate their rain barrel using their own outdoor paints. There will be no reimbursement for paints or materials.
Take a photo of your completed rain barrel and email it to WelcometoGlendale@gmail.com (please include your physical address and contact information) before 7/31/2020 at 11:59pm.
- Must use an official MMSD-Provided rain barrel for the competition.
- Email a picture (png.) of your painted barrel by 7/31/2020 at 11:59pm to WelcometoGlendale@gmail.com. (Or, drop off a photo to Glendale City Hall during regular business hours.) No late entries will be accepted. You must include your name, physical address, and contact information.
- Inappropriate graphics or wording will disqualify the contestant. Logos are permitted. See below for judging criteria.
- Winners and contestants will be announced publicly on digital and print promotions and at future WELCOME TO GLENDALE events. Winner locations will be disclosed. We may request some barrels for display.
- Only one entry per Glendale household or business address. Must reside or operate a business in Glendale. Only 20 primed barrels available and will be issued “First Come-First Serve” to the first 10 residents and 10 businesses who sign-up here.
- Winners will be announced on Wednesday, August 5th, 2020, and contacted via email.
- A coordinated time to drop off the prize and do a media presentation will be arranged. A yard sign will be provided announcing the winning entry. The media will be contacted regarding the winning entry.
- Judges and their families/business are not permitted to enter the contest.
- Recommended paint materials include any outdoor paint.
- All winners will have their creations displayed on social media and other promotions/platforms.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING THE WINNING ENTRIES:
Community leaders, residents, and WELCOME TO GLENDALE staff will judge the contest.
One resident and one business will win. Total Points obtainable: 150
- Creativity & Originality…Up to 50 points
- Craftsmanship and Execution…Up to 50 points
- Aesthetics & Presentation…Up to 50 points
The Residential winner will receive a “Barrel of Goodies” from local businesses including prizes and gift certificates. They will also be mentioned on the WELCOME TO GLENDALE Facebook page, website, and email blast. A yard sign indicating 1st place winner will be placed in the yard.
The Business winner will receive a free ad (of their choice) in the WELCOME TO GLENDALE newsletter and a FREE Ad on the WELCOME TO GLENDALE Facebook page. Plus, a free annual Glendale-Area Business Association (GABA) membership. A yard sign will be placed in the business yard. The business will receive exposure on various City of Glendale and Welcome to Glendale platforms. The media will be contacted.
QUESTIONS? Contact WelcometoGlendale@gmail.com or call 414.228.1720
Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewer District, Fresh Coast Guardians, The City of Glendale, and Bay Ridge Consulting are not involved with the contest. This contest is operated by WELCOME TO GLENDALE only.